Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Friday, August 19, 2016

A Muzzle & A Bulletproof Vest

So lately I have been feeling the need for a muzzle and a bulletproof vest.

A special muzzle for my own mouth. It seems to open and say the wrong things or in the wrong tone or to the wrong person or just at the wrong time.  I keep running back to the Lord for this spiritual muzzle:
  • Psalm 141:3  Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
  • Psalm 19:14  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
  • Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
  • Ecclesiastes 5:2  Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
  • James 1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Another desired item is a bulletproof vest. My heart seems vulnerable to attacks this month. Words from within and words from without seem to make me bleed quickly. The bulletproof vest I need is again a spiritual one:

  • Exo 28:29  And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.
  • Isa 59:17  For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
  • Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
  • 1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
And the heart of the issue is really my heart:
  • Psalm 61:2  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
  • Psalm 109:22  For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.
  • Psalm 62:8  Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
  • Psalm 73:26  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
  • Psalm 147:3  He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
And the Lord tells me to do several things with my heart. Here are a few:
  • Proverbs 4:23  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
  • Proverbs 23:17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
  • Proverbs 23:19  Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment