Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

He Delights in Me?

Something powerful that I read in November and continue to think upon is in Psalm 18:19 "...He delivered me because He delighted in me."


I believe the LORD loves me and accepts me. I believe I am forgiven of all my sins. But I struggled that He delights in me. When I read it in my Bible, I literally shook my head and tears came to my eyes.


I know me.

I know my thoughts and self will.


But then I reflected on the fact that I am covered by the precious blood of Jesus. And this delights my Father God. My sins, my wanderings are covered, hidden, gone, seen no more. I don't deserve His delight. But He chooses to delight in me anyway. Just like His love and forgiveness, I don't deserve it. It is all a gift from the Lover of my soul to this wayward child who is such a handful.


Then I studied more on the words "delight" and "rejoice" And Zephaniah 3:17 says “The LORD thy God is the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, He will joy over thee with singing.” Isaiah 62:4-5 speaks of "The LORD delighted in thee.." and "as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee."


After studying on it, I asked the LORD to give me grace to believe that He delights in me. And I have been running back to these verses often when I catch myself doubting this truth. Feelings are so deceptive and tossed around. I am so thankful for the Solid Rock to cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment