Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Remembered

The younger boys and I headed to the store. It was time for the vehicle's oil change. We have stepped into that store many times in the last 14 years. But memories hit me everytime. Jim in his white shirt and me showing him a positive pregnancy test. Jim in his grey shirt, manger of the store, but squatted down to talk to our son. Jim with his characteristic beard and twinkling eyes when he smiled. Memories, so many memories...

One of Jim's old coworkers was working. He is the last of the crew. The only one there who knows my husband used be the manager. He started about the same time Jim & Ben did over 20 yrs ago. 

He helped us get what we needed. As we checked out, he casually flipped open his wallet and scanned his employee discount card. I said, "Thank you!" He simply said, "I remember."

Jim's old crew used to all use their discount cards for us as a way to help us out & also honor Jim. It deeply touched my heart. Fourteen years have passed & someone else remembers Jim. He is not forgotten. 

God's voice echoes in my heart. "I remember." The Lord remembers me too. He knows about every tear and hardship and fear. Every cry He hears. He knows me. I am not forgotten. Ever. Not even for a minute. My Lord remembers me. 

Isaiah 49:15-16a

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;

No comments:

Post a Comment