Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Hearing His Voice

This is taken from a poem I wrote last month called "Late at Night"
I had had fear pounce on me and was trying to figure out why.
As I poured my heart out in words on a page, the Lord spoke to my heart.
Here is that section of the poem:

My heart hears His voice:

Cast your care upon Me
Put them in My backpack
My shoulders are broad enough
To carry all your cares

Tie My love around you,
Like a rescue rope in a stormy sea
I will lift you up out of the raging
Fear, doubt, anxiousness

Rest in Me, let Me blanket you
With My lovingkindness.
Let Me hold you and sing songs
over you to calm your soul.

Rest in My arms,
Rest in My Word,
Don't just believe on Me,
Believe Me

I have plans, grand ones,
Trust Me, my child,
Stand on the water beside Me,
Let Me hold your hand like you did your sons'
So many years ago.
You may wobble and tumble
But I will catch you
I may lift you straight up
Or gently set you gingerly on the ground.

Feel Me cupping your chin,
Lifting your head,
Wiping away the tears,
Making you look straight at ME.
Lock your eyes with Mine.

Stray not!
One step at a time,
one breath at a time,
one prayer at a time,
one moment at a time.

Choose to trust,
no matter what your heart fears,
or your mind doubts,
Trust Me, child, this is best.
I love you, more than you can ever imagine,
More than you will ever understand.

Don't run ahead of Me.
You will fall. Just patiently walk beside Me.
Let Me lead, and guide.
Let Me protect

Allow Me to whisper secrets in your ear.
To reveal yet another sliver
Of Who I Am
To give you yet another name for Myself

-CLS

No comments:

Post a Comment