Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Jehovah-jireh

Sunday morning our Sunday School lesson was on when God provided a ram for Abraham to sacrifice. Isaac and him were on Mt. Moriah and that ram took the place of Isaac on the altar. Abraham renamed the mountain Jehovah-jireh which means the Lord will see to it or the Lord will provide. Sunday night the Lord did just that for me personally.
Unknown to me, my church family took up a love offering for me. When it was given to me, I was so overwhelmed, in a good way!

Three weeks ago the Lord allowed that storm to happen. He kept all the trees from hitting our home, He brought help to us, and now He has provided the finances to cover the electrician's bill! See when our powerline was hit, it pulled all the wires on our pole and made a real mess. All that had to be fixed before we could have our power company hook us back up.

And the love offering was even more than that. To me, it is an earnest check from God. A promise from God that He will provide in the years to come that I have been concerned about.
Yes, God WILL provide! He will see to it.
I stand with Abraham, though on a different mountain and call it also Jehovah-jireh.



No comments:

Post a Comment