Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Angels

Here is a very famous picture of an angel guarding children. There are a lot of beliefs out there about angels. The one thing people seem to agree on is that they are real. Recently I did a study in the Word of God on angels. Here are some things I noted:

  • They are created beings.
  • They are refered to in the masculine sense.
  • Humans do NOT become angels when they die.
  • The word angel means messenger.
  • They're called "ministering spirits."
  • They led Lot & his family away from danger.
  • An angel ministered to a weary Elijah and gave him food. 
  • John said he say 10,000 x 10,000 of them.
  • Angels are spoken about over 300 times in the Bible.
  • They're mentioned in every book of the Bible except 7. (66-7=59 books)
  • They can bring a message but only another person can lead a person to Jesus.
  • They rejoice when humans get saved.
  • Most often when they appear, people are afraid.
  • Unless they appear like humans like they did to Abraham and Lot
  • In human form, they can eat. 
  • Angels have great power, but are not all-powerful.
  • One shut the mouths of lions for Daniel.
  • One busted Peter out of prision. 
  • Just one angel will bind Satan with a great chain.
  • Michael is called an arch angel. He is called the chosen prince of God's people and he leads the Lord's army.
  • Gaberiel is the bearer of good news to Daniel, Zacharias, & Mary.
  • Seraphim are a kind of angel that praise the name and character of God and are above His throne. 
  • Seraphim have six wings: 2 cover their face, 2 cover their feet, and 2 they fly with.
  • Cherubim are besides God's throne. And were set in the garden to guard the tree of life after the fall. 
  • Cherubim are NOT cute babylike creatures with cute little wings. They have four faces: cherub, man, lion, and eagle. They have eyes all over them & have four wings.
  • Other angels are protective and involved in the lives of God's people. 
  • And they surrounded Christ from before His birth on earth to His accession to heaven again. Angels proclaimed His birth, ministered to Him in the wilderness & at Gethesmene, and rolled the stone away from His grave. 
  • Angels worship God and refuse to be worshipped.
  • We are not to worship them or seek them to help us. God alone is our refuge & worthy to be praised.

Two favorite scriptures concerning angels:

Psalm 34:7

The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.

Psalm 91:11-12

For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

There are just a few times I am certain God used angels in my life. There was a time shortly after my husband died. I walked into my diningroom and the emotional weight of everything was too much. I remember just physically going down. But before my knees could hit the floor, I felt lifted up onto my feet again. No one but me was in the room.

Another time this was again in those early dark days of grief as I woke up I felt someone holding my hand. I lay very still as I woke up more. I kept my eyes shut. It was very comforting. It slowly faded away. Of course when I opened my eyes, no one was there. 

Years ago when Snipp went walk-a-bout as a toddler, he saw something in a cornfield that made him want to go the other way. He told me it was white & came toward him. Because he walked away from it, he came to the edge of the field and was found!

Another time one of my kids was a very little and he fell on the porch and was going to fall down the cement steps. But something literal stopped him, like a hand blocked his fall.

Recently a friend had vehicle issues. A man stopped to help who knew everything about that kind of truck & the issues it had. He just happened to have a water themos when battery acid sprayed in my friend's face.

Was this a man directed by God "for such a time as this" or an angel sent by God?

Either way, Almighty God should be praised. He cares for little us in many miraculous ways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment