Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

!

I heard Francie Taylor this fall and she shared the coolest thing. A dear praying friend told her to text her an "!" if she needed pray. No explanation needed. Just one button then hit send. Just awesome idea cuz sometimes it is so hard to ask for prayer. And sometimes you can't talk or even know what to text. Sometimes it is just so private and personal. Or the tears and sobs are so overwhelming you can't do anything else. So I share this with every sister I know.  

I have used the "!" cry for prayer twice now. It has been such a blessing. The quick reply I got instantly was encouragement that I wasn't alone. Someone was praying on my behalf.

The first time after I heard a reply I was silent and just wept and prayed through. When the storm had past I updated my friend about the situation.

The next time I text "!" for prayer, my friend and I text back and forth for an hour.  I was dealing with an overwhelming grief wave that bordered on a panic attack. The sobs came so hard & the pain was so intense I could barely breath. The constant contact helped me immensely. Finally I could breath normally. And eventually the tears stopped. Then I fell asleep. Peacefully. 

Use it, my friend. "!" Tell your praying friends and encourage & pray for one another. Satan doesn't want us to reach out. It can be hard, I know. But ask God who to text & then reach out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment