I read these words this morning and this thought was pressing on my heart,
Now there's a life purpose!
Think about a tree, better yet think about the tree of life that was in the garden of Eden.
A tree of life:
- has good fruit, more specifically the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.
- gives life to others, by words and deeds.
- witnesses to others so they can have eternal life.
- has integrity which means a sincerity of heart and intention, truthfulness, uprightness. It is one of the words on the breastplate of the high priest.
- has knowledge or illumination of the mind to perceive things from God's eyes which is granted to those who have an honest relationship with Christ.
- knows what to say, when to say it, and how to say it.
- knows what not to say...ever.
- sows seeds of mercy.
- reaches for the Son.
- gives others a place of rest and shelter from storms.
- gives oxygen to others.
How can you and I be a tree of life to others today?