Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Be a Tree of Life

Proverbs 11:30 "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise."

I read these words this morning and this thought was pressing on my heart,
"Be a tree of life to others."


Now there's a life purpose!
Think about a tree, better yet think about the tree of life that was in the garden of Eden.

A tree of life:
  • has good fruit, more specifically the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.
  • gives life to others, by words and deeds.
  • witnesses to others so they can have eternal life.
  • has integrity which means a sincerity of heart and intention, truthfulness, uprightness. It is one of the words on the breastplate of the high priest.
  • has knowledge or illumination of the mind to perceive things from God's eyes which is granted to those who have an honest relationship with Christ.
  • knows what to say, when to say it, and how to say it.
  • knows what not to say...ever.
  • sows seeds of mercy.
  • reaches for the Son.
  • gives others a place of rest and shelter from storms.
  • gives oxygen to others.
How can you and I be a tree of life to others today?









No comments:

Post a Comment