Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Ain't Smiling Now, Are Ya?

There are a few times in my life that I destinctly know the enemy of my soul is whispering to me.
This time I was coming back from a walk where I had just poured my heart out to the Lord about something and had had a hard cry. And nope, I wasn't smiling. But I know what the mocking reference was to, my recent post titled Eerie Calm.

"Ain't smiling now, are ya?"



I know that it was a spiritual attack, but I physically reacted. I instantly stopped walking, clenched my teeth together, and my hands hardened into fists. I have never wanted to turn around and punch someone so hard in all my life. But, of course, there was no one physically there. And so there I stood. Nope, he was right; I wasn't smiling one bit. I felt more like a wounded warrior returning after a defeated battle. And now was having to endure the taunts of the foe.


I don't know how long I stood there. But my mind remembered a night five months previous and a song that had rallied me to keep on keeping on. So I took a step forward and began to sing the chorus & bridge to a song I recently had heard. It is called "Habakkuk's Song" by Mike Rathke.


Lord, You are good in this,
You are good even in this,
You are good even in this place,
You are worthy to be praised.


Cuz I don't love You for what You can give me.
I don't love You for what You're keeping me from.
You're deserving of the highest praises, oh, whatever may come.


So onward I walked and sang. Sang and walked. No smile on my face. But there was an inward smirk for the enemy had fled. And I continued to praise my Lord Who is so worthy to be praised.
No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment