Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Love Hard


“The amount of love a widow has to offer is remarkable! When she has truly fallen for someone, she is going to love hard and love fast because she has already felt how wonderful it is and that it has the possibility to be lost again. She will not be seen wasting her time on a person who won’t bring her immense happiness during her time left on earth. Her time is valuable. Her love is valuable. She knows ... there is still a 50% chance they will be the one to leave this earth before her. Even knowing that, even knowing she may have to relive her worst nightmare all over again, she continues to take risks in the name of love. What a beautiful, powerful kind of love”


E. Bishop is of course talking about romantic love. But I believe love is a choice that applies to all relationships. It can be hard to love anyone after the excruciating pain of losing someone. But I identify with what she is saying. Once I choose to let down my walls and love, then I love hard. I love my Jesus hard. I love my friends and family hard. That isn't to say that in loving hard I don't panic once in awhile & pull back. In fact, it is a guarantee.


I remember meeting another young widow just a couple years after Jim was gone. We became friends. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Given 6 months. I was terrified! A part of me wanted to run away.  But I chose to love her anyway. There were a couple times I panicked & pulled away. But in the end I loved hard. Time was short. In the next two months, we became very close. She reminded me to live and I helped her face death. I stayed near her bedside softly singing as the end drew near. Shortly after I left to go to my boys, she went to be with the Lord. That was seven years ago.


Yesterday I was contacted by a friend about a new widow. Husband was 35. Died suddenly on Feb 6th. She has 3 children. Lives in Midwest. Husband was good Christian man whose dad is a pastor. Visitation Friday. Funeral on Saturday. Eerily familiar situation. So I sent off some quick words of comfort and have been praying much with understanding.


Life is short, dear readers. Tomorrow is no guarantee.


Love hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment