Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Monday, February 17, 2020

Quiet Trust

Snow-globey snow!
My favorite.
Covers everything in white cotton candy fluff.
So beautiful.
Captivating.
I linger outside a long time. 
I visit Jim's grave.
I walk around my yard enjoying the night.
I thank the Lord for His many blessings:
The snow, each fat flake, a reminder of the precious, and loving thoughts my Jesus has for me. 
Quietness of the night.
My home.
My three sons, unique as each flake, and precious. 
Answered prayers.
Some small. Some huge. 
And God's protection from almosts that didn't happen.

I lingered in prayer like I lingered in the snow. Not much left to say. Listening for God to speak. Feeling His presence. His peace. His contentment. Waiting for Him to share something with my heart. 
The only words that come to mind:
Quiet Trust.

A stillness in the soul as I reviewed the day, remembering the difficulties and victories. And recognizing the Lord sovereignty and the promises He kept. 

I feel as safe and as held and as content as I used to feel over 14 years ago in my beloved's arms. Tonight though I am wrapped in a blanket of peace, nestled close to my Saviour. 
I sigh deeply and smile.
Yes, quiet trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment