Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Jealous God & Other Truths

During this time of heart restoration, the Lord has been repeatedly showing me the following four truths:


The most significant truth being Exodus 34:14: “For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God” He has seared this in my mind. I must remember ALL that God is. Yes, He is Love, longsuffering, merciful, and a comforter. But He is also Jealous, holy, almighty, and a just judge. My relationship with the Almighty is sacred & He will NOT tolerate being second fiddle to any thing or any one.


Next He reminded me when He corrects me, rebukes me, and disciplines me, it is always in love and for my good. In Hebrews 12:6,10-11 He says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth..For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby


Besides viewing the LORD as He really is, and viewing His chastening correctly, I must view sin as it really is. Sin breaks the very heart of God. In her book Holiness: The Heart God Purifies, Nancy DeMoss compares sin to spiritual adultery. "To say yes to sin is to fall into the embrace of a paramour. It is to bring a rival into a sacred love relationship." That is a powerful statement! Our world is too casual about embracing sin. Christians get too casual about sin. I get too casual about sin. And I am just as guilty of getting weaseled into the enemy's embrace. When I catch myself sinning, I need to view myself like the woman taken in adultery in John 8. Bring myself before Christ. He has power to punish, yet also to pardon and forgive. And He delights in forgiving a repentant heart. Because ultimately that is His focus, my heart.


Which brings me to the final truth the Lord has been working on ingraining in me: Faith. Hebrews 11:6 says, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

What I truly believe in my heart, my faith in the Lord is what pleases God. Not my actions, words, or thoughts. No matter how good or honorable. It is my faith in the Lord that makes Him smile. When I trust God, when I say in my heart "I believe You & Your Word," this is the ultimate "I love You, Lord!" When I step out in action to that belief, it is displayed as obedience. My relationship with Christ and what I am believing God for is very important to Him. 


Christ Jesus knows everything about me already and still loves me & accepts me. He is absolutely crazy! But I am eternally grateful. And I must keep in balance these four things: all that the Lord is, what His chastening really is, what sin really is, and ultimately, what faith really is.  



No comments:

Post a Comment