Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Infection of Fear

Fear has been sweeping across the world faster than COVID-19. It is natural. But, believer in Christ, we are not to operate in our natural man, in the flesh. We, the church, are a called out assembly. We are called to be different in how we respond to trials. We are only to fear God alone. That fear is one of reverance and acknowledgement that Almighty is a just and holy God. 

But we fear many, many other things instead. What we fear becomes our master. Let the mind overthink long enough and the fear will overwhelm us. I liken fear to a dog nipping at our heels. We need to kick at it, to keep it back. Sometimes it will pounce and latch on to us. We must shake it off. 

How?
What is this fear? 
I see fear as unbelief and forgetfulness. Fear comes when we doubt our Lord. Fear pounces when we forget all that the Lord has brought us through and all that He promises us. Fear comes when we hesitate to trust. 

God's Holy Word says perfect love casts out fear. If we accept God's perfect complete love for us, fear flees. When we remember He loves us more than we will ever understand, fear flees. 

What is the antidote for fear? Trust.

Psalm 56:3 says "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee." 

So when fears starts nipping at my heels, I remind myself to trust. With all the COVID-19 info in my face, I needed to put God's Word in my face. So I have been doing a word study on the word TRUST. I have been finding verses with the word trust in them and writing them down. And when fear nips, I go back and read them. Sometimes silently and sometimes outloud. I pray them. 

COVID-19 is real and we need to be wise. But my God is bigger and though fear may pounce, I choose to trust in Him. 

I encourage you, dear reader, to do the same. Look up verses on trust. Then share them with friends, family, coworkers, and strangers. For everyone is fighting some kind of fear. We can do our part to fight back against this infection of fear. 

Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment