Why BB4TheLord2

Why BB4TheLord2: My first blog, bb4thelord.blogspot.com was began a couple years after I became a young widow. After ten years on that journey of widowhood, I took a break from blogging. Now the time has come to begin again. Writing is a gift God has given me and I must get back into using the gifts God has given me.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

40 Day Challenge

1 Samuel 17:15-16
"But David went and returned from Saul to feed his father's sheep at Bethlehem. And the Philistine drew near morning and evening and presented himself forty days."

Morning and evening...
when the Israelites offered sacrifices, 
when they prayed, 
when God told Joshua to mediate on His words...

"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate there in day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success?"
Joshua 1:8

Morning and evening is when the enemy came and railed against them. Till there came a lad who had been alone with God. Focusing on Him morning and evening. 40 days. That lad was not afraid. He had been with God, he was prayed up, and he headed into an unfair fight and was victorious spiritually and physically. 

Our pastor recently challenged us to take 40 days and spend time in the morning and evening studying God's Word and drawing close to Him in prayer. Morning and evening. 

It has been a challenge. Especially at the end of an exhausting and crazy day. It has also been so precious. Truth leaps off the page at me. And I feel the Holy Spirit directing my steps daily...hourly...moment by moment. 

Dear Reader, I encourage you to do this also. Take the 40 days challenge. Draw closer to God. Cherish His Word and His presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment